Microsurgery refers to a series of highly complex surgical procedures that are performed at a microscopic level. Microsurgical breast reconstruction involves the transfer of tissues from one part of the body to another, with careful attention paid to the full reconstruction of proper blood flow. Dr. Srinivasa is uniquely experienced with microsurgery and remains one of the few practitioners in the United States whose practice is dedicated to microsurgical breast reconstruction.
Our Commitment to Advanced Surgical Reconstruction
Here at the Institute for Advanced Breast Reconstruction, the team led by Dr. Dhivya Srinivasa is committed to the most advanced surgical procedures available. By specializing in next-generation microsurgical reconstruction, Dr. Srinivasa and her team are able to create results that exceed patients’ expectations, restoring their bodies and quality of life in equal measure.
While traditional breast reconstruction makes use of an artificial implant to create its results, autologous reconstruction—made possible through Dr. Sirnivasa’s fellowship training in highly advanced microsurgery—foregoes this method, and instead utilizes your body’s own tissues to recreate the breast mound. This makes the entire process far safer, while also creating results that are more natural and pleasing to the patient. When you’re ready to learn more about how microsurgery makes incredible reconstruction results possible, reach out to our Los Angeles or Thousand Oaks locations and set up your consultation with a member of our team today.
The Primary Benefits of Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction
Dr. Srinivasa’s extensive fellowship training and high level of microsurgical experience allow her to call upon a wide variety of breast reconstruction techniques as she creates your ideal results. While traditional breast reconstruction techniques frequently create impressive results, there is no question that microsurgery enables a whole new level of restorative potential.
Some of the primary reasons we recommend microsurgical breast reconstruction include:
- No use of artificial implants
- Increased safety and reliability
- No need for future implant maintenance
- Reduced risk for long-term complications
- Improved appearance at the donor site (abdomen, buttocks, thighs, etc)
- Fewer maintenance operations
- Permanent results with a natural look and feel
How Microsurgery Can Work for You
Your Complete Recovery
For many women, beating cancer is only one step in the overall recovery process. Those who have undergone a mastectomy as part of their treatment often look to reconstruction as a way to reclaim their physicality and enjoy their ideal silhouette.
While most breast reconstruction techniques involve the use of an artificial implant, microsurgery enables Dr. Srinivasa to create a new breast mount utilizing tissues that come from your very own body, eliminating the need for implants.
Microsurgery refers to the process by which Dr. Srinivasa will transplant tissues from one area of your body to another. To keep the tissues healthy and living, blood vessels and nerve endings must be reattached, which requires an advanced level of surgical skill.
Training & Experience
Thanks to her fellowship training and high level of experience, Dr. Srinivasa is one of the few practitioners who routinely performs microsurgical breast reconstruction. Given that this is her sole area of focus, she’s able to offer unparalleled results.
Many patients are given the impression that they are not an ideal candidate for autologous breast reconstruction, for any number of reasons. Some patients are informed that they simply don’t have enough donor fat to be considered. Others may be discouraged from pursuing this option for another set of reasons. We’re pleased to inform you that not only is autologous reconstruction possible for the vast majority of patients but that it also comes with impressively high satisfaction rates, especially when compared with implant-based reconstruction.
- Many patients experience a higher level of satisfaction with their body and physical appearance after undergoing autologous breast reconstruction, even when compared to how they felt before their illness.
- This is made possible by the “two-for-one” nature of autologous breast reconstruction: Your newly restored bust comes along with a tummy tuck, thigh lift, and so forth (based on the donor site).
- Our patients look better, feel better, and experience incredibly high levels of satisfaction with their results.
- Autologous reconstruction enables Dr. Srinivasa to complete the process with a single surgery, rather than requiring multiple operations.
- The placement of an implant in an irradiated breast pocket is well below the standard of care. Autologous reconstruction offers a safe, effective, and reliable alternative to patients who have undergone radiation therapy or may be doing so in the future.
Incredible Results with Flap-Based Reconstruction
Thanks to Dr. Srinivasa’s experience with advanced microsurgery, the Institute for Advanced Breast Reconstruction is able to offer a reliably safe and natural alternative to the traditional implant-based breast reconstruction procedure. By restoring the appearance, shape, and feel of your natural breasts, microsurgery can enable you to restore your curves and quality of life, completing your journey to true recovery.
If you’re interested in learning more about how the Institute for Advanced Breast Reconstruction can utilize microsurgery to unite you with truly incredible results, reach out to our Thousand Island or Los Angeles locations and set up your consultation with a member of our team today.